MY COLIVING BACKGROUND
Between 2018 and 2020, I run a pop-up coliving space called Lifestyle Engineering House, which hosted up to 20 residents in different locations of the world (Barcelona, Bali, Mexico, Estonia). My experience as an operator led me to realize the transformational power of coliving.
Over the last three years, I dedicated my time to growing the coliving ecosystem through content and initiatives.
MY INFLUENCE AS AUTHOR
THE ART OF COLIVING
After visiting and interviewing 200+ coliving organizations, I wrote a workbook touching on all the core pillars of how to build a viable and customer-centered coliving space. The Art of Coliving has been a reference in the industry since its publication in 2022.
THE COMMUNITY FACILITATION HANDBOOK
Written in cooperation with Conscious Coliving, this free 50-page handbook explains the role of the community facilitator, how they fit within teams and showcases leading best practices in terms of community rituals .
ARTICLES & NEWSLETTER
I wrote almost 100 articles on coliving, touching from business models to community experience design. My past newsletter, the Coliving Cocktail, was ranked #1 in the coliving industry in terms of reach and follower base.
MY INFLUENCE AS ENTREPRENEUR
DIRECTOR AT CO-LIV
I've been the president and director of Co-Liv, the global association of coliving professionals. Under my leadership, Co-Liv has hosted 200+ events, grown to having a network of 40 representatives and hosted 2 Co-Liv Summits.
COFOUNDER COLIVING INSIGHTS MAGAZINE
In 2019, I brought together the founding team for the Coliving Insights magazine, which published so far 8 editions. It was the first (and so far the only) magazine dedicated to the coliving industry.
FOUNDER OF ARTOF.CO
In 2022, I founded an agency focussed on providing consultancy services to coliving entrepreneurs, operators and developers. We specialize in creating community-centered spaces, brands and experiences across the globe.
I’m also behind some smaller micro-projects and sites, such as
- The largest library of coliving knowledge: Coliving Resources
- A website to denounce wrong associations to the term coliving: faux-living.info
- An open-source repertory of coliving spaces, the Coliving Bible
- A statement that coliving is spelled this way: doescolivinghaveahyphen.com
WHAT MAKES TRUE COLIVING
There are many different types of coliving spaces and operators:
- Shared apartments of 3 to 6 people that offer community events at the city level
- Houses of 10 to 30 people that are optimized for shared living spaces
- And large-scale developments, whether ground-up constructions or retrofits, going up to 500 people with large amenities and amounts of services
What makes out true coliving is not the form, but the style. To me, true coliving means that:
- The operator creates real value for their residents and the space helps residents improve their well-being, whether mental, social, physical or emotional.
- Residents are being integrated into their community easily and rapidly.
- Operations go on smoothly, powered by technology and the right team.
- The business has good financial foundations that allows it to run long-term.
- And residents are encouraged to take on an active role in their community.
These pillars can be achieved in any type of coliving venture. They will make the difference between a good and great coliving space, and contribute to long-term success.
WHO I WORK WITH
I personally help coliving entrepreneurs, professionals and organizations who want to create state-of-the-art coliving ventures and transformative coliving experiences.
My clients are a mix between:
- Starting coliving entrepreneurs who need direction on how to launch and develop their business activities.
- Established developers who want to stand out with their concept and reach new levels of innovation.
- Community builders who need help improving their on-site processes and creating better community dynamics.
I work with people who are willing to innovate and do things right. All of my clients have in common that:
- They believe that coliving has the power to change people’s lives. Whether it is improved well-being, personal growth, or experiencing living within a community, all my clients know that coliving goes beyond simple housing.
- They invest in their growth. They know that they don’t have enough knowledge themselves and invest their time, energy and resources to work with experts.
- They are authentic. Everyone I work with has high standards of integrity towards themselves and their project. They speak their truth and are willing to confront challenges that they are facing.
- They are willing to take on new challenges. Creating true coliving experiences requires making hard choices, changing the roadmap based on new objectives and doing what is necessary to reach one’s coliving vision.
- They take massive action. All my clients are real actors who take action to reach their goals. Knowledge in itself is not enough. What ultimately counts is implementing it.
Former clients include among many others Bouygues Immobilier (#1 developer in France), Chelsea House (first coliving concept in Canada), Karisma (pop-up coliving model), Circles House (high-end coliving space in Barcelona), Vitanovae (first French real estate social entreprise), YoLo (upcoming 200-bed coliving project in Brazil), Experience House (highly curated one-month experiences) and MaMa Pioneers (first shared living space in the Netherlands built with 100% sustainable material).
WHAT I HELP ON
With my large knowledge within the industry, both as influencer and former operator, my focus lies around the resident experience, what I call User Community Experience: how to design a resident experience that integrates residents easily within the community while avoiding problems that arise within communal living.
I developed my own methodology that focusses on setting up the right technology and human processes across all stages of the resident experience (marketing, architecture and interior design, resident curation and onboarding, and in-house life processes).
Moreover, working with me gives my clients promotion, visibility across my channels, introductions to key stakeholders within the ecosystem, and access to key resources.
HOW I HELP
There are two main ways that I come in to support coliving projects.
- Dedicated Workshops around User Community Experience: in-person workshops with the founding team to define the resident experience, in-house processes, team needs, interior design and architecture review, main technology needed, and best practices in animating a coliving community.
- Long-Term Advisory: I work with maximum 3 clients at a time as an advisor, working directly with the founding team, to help coliving leaders overcome their day-to-day challenges, review their creations, advise them on decision-making and help them in times of challenges.
I’d love to hear about your project.
Write me a message and I’ll get back to you: